JHOS affiliated to AIOS
Jharkhand Ophthalmic Society (JHOS) is one of the active State Societies in India affiliated to the All India Ophthalmological Society. After creation of Jharkhand on 15th Nov. 2000, the ophthalmologists of this newly carved state started feeling the need of having a society where they could exchange their views with each other. A meeting of ophthalmologists residing in Jharkhand (Members of Bihar Ophthalmological Society, BOS) was convened at hotel Chinar (Ranchi) on 17th June 2001 in which it was unanimously decided to form a separate society of Jharkhand and the office bearers of the same were elected amongst the members present in the meeting only. That’s how the Jharkhand Ophthalmological Society came into existence on 17th June 2001. The following became the founder members of JHOS with Dr B. K. Verma as the 1st President & Dr B. P. Kashyap as Secretary.
- Dr R P Tandon (Ranchi)
- Dr Manju Bala Gupta (Dhanbad)
- Dr Mahabir Singh (Hazaribag)
- Dr Bharti Kashyap (Ranchi)
- Dr Surendra Singh (Jamshedpur)
- Dr D K Gupta (Bokaro)
- Dr B P Kashyap (Ranchi)
- Dr Sujoy Samanta (Hazaribag)
- Dr Rajiv Kumar (Ranchi)
- Dr Nandita Agarwal (Ranchi)
- Dr Dolly Tandon (Ranchi)
- Dr S K Singh (Ranchi)
- Dr Partha Maitra (Hazaribag)
- Dr S R Singh (Ranchi)
- Dr Raj Mohan (Ranchi)
- Dr B K Verma (Ranchi)
- Dr K C Mehta (Ranchi)
- Dr S N P Gupta (Ranchi)
- Dr A K Roy (Ranchi)
- Dr B N Gupta (Dhanbad)
- Dr Rajesh Kumar (Ranchi)
- Dr Lalit Jain (Hazaribag)
- Dr Ranjit Singh (Ranchi)
- Dr A K Thakur (Ranchi)
- 1st conference
- The 1st independent confe- rence of JHOS sche- duled to be held in Nov. 2003 was delayed by 3 months due to teething problem which was ultimately organized on 28th & 29th Feb. 2004 at Ranchi. At General body meeting on 28th Feb. 2004 the house identified 5 venues for JHOS confe- rences and made a rotation which was in the order – Ranchi, Bokaro, Jams- hedpur, Hazaribag & Dhanbad
- JHOS Born
- A constitution based on that of All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS) and The Bihar Ophthalmological Society BOS with minor changes by local conditions was adopted & accepted. The logo of JHOS was designed by Dr B. N. Gupta which was unanimously adopted by the members and consequently it came into existence from Bokaro conference in Nov. 2004. [the logo in the top right corner
- JHOS is academically a very active society with membership strength of over 320 life members. It conducts several CME program, Workshops and Seminars in different parts of the state through District / Regional Ophth. Forums. State Ophth. Conference is held every year in November and EIZOC is held quite frequently - the last EIZOC held at Ranchi 2001, Bokaro 2004 & Dhanbad 2007.
- Since 2004
- We have been organizing Annual Conferences & CMEs in different parts of the state independently since 2004. In these conferences a number of scientific program, Symposia, Sem- inars, Workshops, Refr- esher courses, Live Surgery etc. are conducted for the promotion and mutual exchange of knowledge in the field of ophthalmic science at Ranchi, Bokaro, Jamshedpur, Hazaribag & Dhanbad
- We have been organizing Annual Conferences & CMEs in different parts of the state independently since 2004. In these conferences a number of scientific program, Symposia, Seminars, Workshops, Refresher courses at Ranchi, Bokaro, Jamshedpur, Hazaribag & Dhanbad
- The society also gives incentives to the Members in the form of Awards, Orations, Prizes, Gold medals & citations etc in recognition of their services in the various specialties. The Chairman, Scientific Committee looks after the scientific program of the society.
AIMS & OBJECTIVE
The cultivation and promotion of science of Ophthalmology.
To co-ordinate the activities and foster collaboration amongst the ophthalmologists of Jharkhand
To promote a feeling of brotherhood amongst the members and social contacts amongst the Ophthalmologists of the country.
To promote and man-power development with a view to render service to the community.
To co-ordinate with the activities of various established Associations/Societies of medical.
Discipline. Supervising and advising on legislation affecting Ophthalmic practice, Ophthalmologist and the Science of Ophthalmology.
To undertake all such activities that may promote the furtherance of the above mentioned objects.